Your critical applications and system environment comprise numerous components such as servers, network devices and middleware and accessed by client devices including desktops, laptops and mobile devices.
Each of these components and client devices, if configured incorrectly using only default or ‘out of the box’ settings, can introduce weaknesses in your security posture with default passwords, open ports and unnecessary services leaving your business exposed to a malicious attackers gaining a foot-hold in your network, accessing sensitive data or disrupting critical business services.
We will analyse your entire network architecture and will profer cheaper solutions to avoid ‘cyber attacks’ and ‘data leaking’ .
A full report will be provides with the results enabling the business to decide on the best course of action to address the vulnerability and therefore reduce the attack surface of the business following a risk based approach
The firewall security assessment will commence with a review of the compliance and security policies the business has agreed to.
Our consultant will request documents are made available by the client for review. This will include policies, applicable change requests and firewall setup documentation as well as a network diagram detailing positioning of the firewall in-scope for analysis by dVictor Technologies.
The client will also need to supply electronically ideally a copy of the firewall configuration and rule base. For new installations, we can provide a template based on your individual needs but you will not be obliged to apply them.
Here are what we can do on your exisiting Firewall policies: –
- Software version and patch level
- Location of firewall within the network
- Insufficiently restrictive rules
- Overlapping rules
- Permissive rules precede the deny all rule
- Unused objects
- Insufficient auditing
- Weak account passwords /password encryption used
- Insecure services used
- Missing rules (e.g. a stealth rule)
- Time synchronisation
- Excessive user accounts/least privilege
- Security of VPN settings
- Configuration of other modules
- Protections employed against common Denial of Service Attacks
A firewall security assessment requires a minimum of two days if a full policy and change control document set is provided for one firewall. Subsequent extra firewalls will be reviewed on a one man-day per firewall basis.
If the firewall security assessment is purely of the firewall rule base and its configuration, then please allow a day per firewall.
Here is a summary of what we can help you achieve:
- New Firewall installation
- Upgrading existing firewall’s OSes
- Replacement of Firewall
- Updating and Upgrading firewall rules
- Providing cyber security solutions e.g Tenable, Tehthris EDR, Deep Security, Network alerting solutions etc
- Checking your network for vulnerabilities on network appliances and its accessories